CLICK HERE FOR BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND MYSPACE LAYOUTS »

Thursday, November 20, 2008

Finished Essay: Here it goes!!!!!!

A place of wisdom comes to mind when thinking of inspiration; a place also of darkness, a place of murder and despair. Darfur.
Inspiration is something that is continuously shaping and molding our minds and our thoughts for the worse and the better. When I become inspired about something, it is not often. My life is a constant wave of critical thinking and looking for things that inspire me. Darfur is one of them. It inspires me to become the better leader I want to become. Leaders can sometimes be quickly labeled as “bossy” and “know-it-alls” when really we just don’t know how to show our leadership any other way. I am a leader in progress. We all are. Some are more down the road than others.
Darfur is one of the saddest things that I know of that I have not experienced personally. How can one group of people decide that some of their equals no longer have the right to life? As a human, I cannot fathom this possibility. As a leader, I see an opportunity. An opportunity to help people in need.
As a leader, you look around and think to yourself, “What can I fix?” My choice is Darfur. I may not be able to stop the war raging on, but I may be able to help one person. If I help one person for one second, and make them feel happy in the midst of crisis, that would be the only thing that would matter to me. Robert F. Kennedy once said, “Each time a man stands for an ideal, or acts to improve the lot of others, or strikes out against injustice, he sends a tiny ripple of hope, and crossing each other from a million different centers of energy and daring, those ripples build a current which can sweep down the mightiest walls of oppression and resistance.” If I stand up for my ideals I’m sure I can send out a ripple of hope. If I stand up for my ideals and work harder at it, I’m guessing that I can send a wave of hope.
I believe any major issue, whether it’s Darfur, climate change, or whatever comes to mind, is not a personal endeavor. One person must bind with their communities: family, town, state, country and world to stop the struggles brought forward by the human race.
A leader. A person who has commanding influence on the people that influence them. That’s who I want to be.

0 comments: